Fast Track Health seeks tech solutions for health-care challenges
Canadian tech companies invited to submit proposals
KITCHENER, ONT., October 30, 2023 — Communitech’s Fast Track Health collaborative is seeking Canadian tech firms to propose innovative solutions to some of the country's most pressing health-care challenges.
The Fast Track Health initiative is based on an “integrated markets” model that uses engagement to bring health-sector professionals together to identify common challenges and then invite Canadian tech companies to submit solution proposals.
The most promising solutions will be considered for pilot or procurement opportunities with health-care organizations nationwide, including but not limited to those connected to the Fast Track Health program through our strategic partnerships with the CAN Health Network and Ontario Bioscience Innovation Organization (OBIO).
“Communitech's Fast Track model uses ecosystem engagement to connect Canadian tech leaders with potential customers to drive the adoption of made-in-Canada innovations,” said Joel Semeniuk, Chief Strategy Officer at Communitech. “The process aims to create a win-win situation that benefits tech founders, public and private service providers and the Canadian public.”
With input from health-care professionals and academic experts, the collaborative identified three challenges and is now seeking solutions for:
- Building tools to support the efficiency of recruiting and onboarding.
- Develop an integrated management system to support automation of patient records, referrals and documentation.
- Create a monitoring system that provides ease of access to inventory and equipment.
Canadian companies with solutions to one or more of these challenges are encouraged to submit an application by Nov. 20, 2023. Successful applicants will be notified in the third week of December.
These companies will receive coaching from Communitech’s experienced growth coaches and professionals in health and tech across the country. They will also get introductions to health-care providers and potential customers, plus a chance to pitch their solutions at a Fast Track Health Showcase event in February 2024.
Visit Communitech’s Fast Track Health webpage for more information about the call for solutions.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Director, Communications and Editorial
Communitech was founded in 1997 by a group of entrepreneurs committed to making Waterloo Region a global innovation leader. At the time it was just a wild idea, but somehow this community managed to pull it off. Today, Communitech is a public-private innovation hub that supports a community of more than 1,600 companies — from startups to scale-ups to large global players.
Communitech helps tech companies start, grow and succeed in three distinct ways.
- Communitech is a place – the centre of gravity for entrepreneurs and innovators. A clubhouse for building cool tech and great companies.
- Communitech delivers programs – helping companies at all stages with access to capital, customers and talent. We are here to help them grow and innovate.
- Communitech partners in building a world-leading ecosystem – making sure we have all the ingredients (and the brand) to help companies go from a small startup to a global giant.