Fast Track Cities seeks tech solutions for transportation challenges
Canadian tech companies invited to submit proposals
KITCHENER, ONT., September 29, 2023 — The Communitech-led Fast Track Cities collaborative is inviting Canadian tech companies to propose solutions to tackle a set of transportation and supply chain challenges that have far-reaching implications for cities, communities and the economy.
Formerly known as "Future of X," the Fast Track initiative connects tech founders with key partners, including municipalities and private enterprises, to validate ideas and explore solutions.
“Communitech's Fast Track model uses ecosystem engagement to connect Canadian tech leaders with potential customers to drive the adoption of made-in-Canada innovations,” said Joel Semeniuk, Chief Strategy Officer at Communitech. “The process aims to create a win-win situation that benefits tech founders, public and private service providers and the Canadian public.”
The Fast Track collaborative assessed the current transportation landscape and is now calling on tech founders from across Canada to propose solutions to the following:
- Tools and technology to extend Vision Zero measures beyond the three Es – Engineering, Education and Enforcement.
- Develop alternatives to using personal motor vehicles as the major mode of transportation.
- Introduce solutions that make our urban centres more productive, safe and accessible.
Canadian companies are invited to submit their applications through Communitech's Fast Track Transportation portal by Oct. 12. After assessment, successful applicants will be informed the week of Nov. 6, and will be asked to pitch their proposed solutions at a showcase event during the week of Nov. 27.
Applicants may be considered for either the Commercialization Track or the Validation Track depending on funding eligibility and readiness.
Communitech also invites municipalities to participate. The deadline to submit an intake form is Oct. 6.
The program is supported by partners at the province of Ontario, EY, TD Bank, the Ontario Centre of Innovation (OCI) and the Ontario Vehicle Innovation Network (OVIN).
Visit Communitech’s Fast Track Transportation webpage for more information.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Director, Communications and Editorial
Communitech was founded in 1997 by a group of entrepreneurs committed to making Waterloo Region a global innovation leader. At the time it was just a wild idea, but somehow this community managed to pull it off. Today, Communitech is a public-private innovation hub that supports a community of more than 1,600 companies — from startups to scale-ups to large global players.
Communitech helps tech companies start, grow and succeed in three distinct ways.
- Communitech is a place – the centre of gravity for entrepreneurs and innovators. A clubhouse for building cool tech and great companies.
- Communitech delivers programs – helping companies at all stages with access to capital, customers and talent. We are here to help them grow and innovate.
- Communitech partners in building a world-leading ecosystem – making sure we have all the ingredients (and the brand) to help companies go from a small startup to a global giant.