Click here if you are interested in signing up for our team. The event is already 90% full, so move fast! Our team password is W@terloo
Here are some details on the ride:
- The traditional distance is 200km over two days (June 9th & 10th). There are a number of routes available, however I suggest the Classic Route or the Classic Challenge which takes you from Toronto to Niagara Falls with a stay over in Hamilton in between. See details here. The reason I suggest the classic routes, is because it would allow us to all start and finish in the same location.
- Last year, 4600+ riders participated and raised a total of $17.5 million dollars. All funds go to the Princess Margaret hospital.
- Each rider is required to raise a total of $2500. Depending on your experience with events like this in the past, $2500 might seem like a large amount of money to raise. However, I have found it fairly easy in the past to meet and often surpass this number. I plan on arranging at least one fundraising event to help everyone out.
- The cost to register is $50. This goes towards covering your Ride to Conquer Cancer jersey, as well as all of the free food that is provided throughout the ride.
- It's not a race. Everyone has their own pace that they like to ride at, and there's no reason to be afraid to register because you don't think you can keep up. We will have riders from all different experience and skill levels.
- We already have over 15 riders on the team, but are looking to increase that so that we can raise a larger amount of money
- Full team kits will be provided to represent our team
If you don't think you would like to ride, but would still like to help our team, please consider donating. If you have any questions, feel free to send me an email at email@example.com"