Fongo Reinvents Mobile Calling and Messaging in Canada with Launch of New Fongo Mobile App
CAMBRIDGE, ONTARIO, November 23, 2012 - Fongo Inc., Canada's fastest growing mobile telecommunications company, unveiled today its new free mobile calling and messaging application. The new Fongo mobile app runs on top of any data or WiFi service and enables all Canadians who are using iPhones, iPod touches, iPads or Android devices to instantly cut their mobile phone bill costs. The Fongo mobile app is the evolution of the company's Dell Voice app that launched in February of this year.
Canadians will not only save money by using the app, they will also benefit from a smarter and more powerful mobile phone experience. Fongo now provides free group messaging so families, colleagues, or groups of friends can chat together and share pictures. Full integration with existing address books makes Fongo an easy switch for anyone looking to save $10 to $60 a month on their mobile bill.
“Fongo has revolutionized the mobile service industry with a business model no one thought was possible: free calling," said Fongo President Dave Bullock. "But our desire to innovate the mobile experience goes much further than cost savings. A phone that presents nothing more than a dialpad is an outdated idea. Our new design is beautiful, modern, and a much needed breath of fresh air in a stale industry.”
5 Reasons All Canadian Smartphone Users Should Get Fongo Now
1. There is absolutely no risk. Canadians do not have to switch carriers (or even have a carrier contract) to add the app to their smartphones. Fongo runs on top of any data or WiFi service making Fongo accessible to all.
2. Calling to any of Fongo's Free Calling Cities is free. Our Free Calling Cities cover 85% of the Canadian population and ANYONE living in Canada can get a free Canadian Fongo phone number to call and message with other Fongo users for free.
3. Fongo users can call home for free, from anywhere in the world. Grandparents in Florida or business people travelling to Asia can call home to their families without worrying about expensive long distance or roaming charges by simply connecting to WiFi and placing their calls using Fongo.
4. Over a quarter of a million Canadians are already using our app and here's what they're saying.
5. We’re fixing a broken and unfair industry and need Canadians to help spread the word. We believe mobile should be affordable and we keep our costs low to pass the savings on to Canadians. The more Canadians use Fongo, the lower we can drive the costs.
So please give the new Fongo mobile app a try and spread the word. It's time for a change.
"It would have been hard to imagine this type of service even five years ago, and we’re proud to be leading the way in developing innovative solutions to help Canadians connect with each other," said Bullock.
The new Fongo mobile app is available for easy download on the Apple App Store and Google Play.
Presentation and Images
Android home screen: http://cdn.fongo.com/Marketing/Fongo_Android.png
iPhone incoming call: http://cdn.fongo.com/Marketing/Fongo_iOS.png
iPhone group and picture messaging: http://cdn.fongo.com/Marketing/Fongo_iOS_picture_group.png
Fongo is disrupting the mobile communications world with one simple concept: Free. Customers save hundreds of dollars per year with free calling, free messaging, a free phone number and free premium services delivered via a rich content mobile media platform. For more information visit www.fongo.com.
VP Marketing, Fongo Inc.